Wednesday 15 April 2015

O.P.T.I.O.N.S

I had missed you fam. I rarely go all feely and touchy on people but it’s been seriously a while. I guess sometimes life just happens, but in my case it has left my English all rusty and all my subtle humor seems to have flown away too. Well my sabbatical is over (allow me to call it just that), but am back now, more calm and collected, cultured some may say, but for the few who will stick around I make a solemn promise to continue making stories come to life on this page.

Moving on, I have always wanted to go the other way, when everyone else was being washed away by the current, but wanting and going the other way are two different things, so different that those who know me would wonder when did I ever go against the current. I am an avid supporter and propagator of the new constitution, especially anything and everything to do with devolution. Devolution Is just the (majimboism) of our own Kenyan sons; Ronald Ngala, Masinde Muliro & Daniel Moi (who went through a paradigm shift in political thinking), which unfortunately had to be accepted 50 years later. One wonders why it took us 50 years for us to truly realize what was really good for us? But isn’t that how we all ultimately live our lives, each day discovering new things and new ways of doing the same old stuff, discovering new options.

Options? Many a time we earthlings feel stuck in life, with the same boring job, boring local joint (the pre cursor to the weekend shenanigans), boring friends, stuck up girl/boy until Kaboom! You make new friends and they show you a new joint (where the waitress is lively and doesn’t dress like she missed class 101 at Utalii College) and the nyama choma guy knows what KILUMA is? (If you don’t know, then you’re stuck up too), You hook up with some new chic who isn’t always hang up with how much PS4 you play, better yet she tells you to scoot over. Oh and she takes her whiskey neat! ß Research shows that you only meet these ones after every 201 days! #Sigh. 201 days? Huh? That’s what I also asked, don’t worry.

Having options, keeps us alive, it always keeps us second guessing ourselves, keeps us on our toes, but most importantly it steers us away from Pastor Kanyari’s Christian rhetoric’s, the hogwash from our leaders that they’re doing their best to safeguard our security and the hope that if we continue doing what we did yesterday we will get different results.
As I write this am craving some serious whiskey , but I realize I need to create options for myself, for now, after a life of sticking to the plan, you eventually realize that the glue wanes in strength after sometime and you have to sit and rethink (or stand, if you think better while standing), wiggle out, because that’s what has to be done, because its human nature, its in-built – We humans are not meant to be stuck or feel stuck, We are meant to have options in life.

                                 “You have as many options as you give yourself.”
                                                                       Kasie West


P.S: Its been a while since I wrote, so forgive any literary errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment